skip to main | skip to sidebar

Blackson's Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Family Pictures 2015

This fall my friend Jamie took our family portraits at Ogden Union Station. Even though it was a challenge to get everyone to look at the camera and smile (instead of climb on trains, throw rocks, run away, steal treats out of my bag, etc.) I think the end results turned out beautifully. I couldn't be happier with them.
















Posted by Rebecca at 9:38 AM

1 comment:

abo-bder said...




شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة تركيب طارد وشبك الحمام
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
فنى نجار بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالدمام
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض

July 6, 2021 at 4:31 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Welcome! Enjoy your visit.

Welcome! Enjoy your visit.

See my other blog

  • Small Moments

About Me

Rebecca
I love my family, and I love it when life is beautiful (which it is, most of the time). I have a recent fetish for quilting, vintage dresses, and biographies, and a long-standing love of literature, the humanities and beautiful gardens.
View my complete profile

All My Darlings

All My Darlings

Kiddie Quotes

We had a playdate and Eli played with four-year-old Claire. After she left, he sighed and said, "I liked playing with that pretty girl."

Elijah held his blanket and sighed deeply. Then with great emotion, he said, "I just love you brown blankie."

Seth: How old are you? You're 3.
Eli: I'm not 3. I'm an old man!

While we drove through the Idaho countryside, Elijah ecstatically pointed out all of the cows and horses he saw. Then he sighed, and said, "I just love all of these farms!"

Elijah: I want a baby.
Rebecca: We have a baby: Teddy.
Elijah: Teddy needs a baby friend!

We tried to explain to the children that there has to be good and bad in nearly everything in the world and quoted the scripture "there is an opposition in all things." Charlotte nodded knowingly and added, "Yes, and there must be a vowel in every word."

Isaiah was carrying three rolled-up posters down to his new room. As he jostled them in his arms, he grinned and said, "Do I look like a scientist?"

Rebecca: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Elijah: I want to be a farmer! With real animals!

We showed our kids the blood moon last night, peeking through the trees in the backyard. Isaiah said, "Well, that is a neat thing!" And Elijah got a quivering chin and asked, "Are we gonna get dead from the moon?" Apparently the "blood" part made it sound a little too scary.


Eli tried on my glasses and said, "I'm the mommy grandma!" Then in a slightly deeper voice, he rumbled, "now I'm the grandpa."

Charlotte wanted to try out one of my new gel pens. She started writing and said, "Whoa! This pen is inky!"

Elijah put a piece of tape on his wrist. Then he said, "My watch says it's 45 o'clock."

We visited Yellowstone and had described hot pots to our kids as looking like lava. Charlotte looked around and said, "This is not like in my imagination."

At the West Yellowstone McDonald's, literally every table was speaking a different language. We heard Farsi, German, Italian, and English. Isaiah said, "I think this is the McDonald's of other languages."

Elijah missed seeing the Elk on our drive through Yellowstone. When he noticed he'd missed it, he started yelling, "I want to go back to the reindeer place!"

It was freezing at Yellowstone. I explained to Charlotte that we were in the mountains, so it was colder. She said,"But I thought the mountains were closer to the sun. So it should be warmer!"

Eli said he was the Daddy. So he came in the back door and yelled, "Hi Honey!"

Eli has adopted the tape measure. He pulls the tape out 10 inches, bends it 90 degrees, and calls it his "friendly giraffe." He's carried it around for days.

We saw a photo of a cupcake with a maraschino cherry on top. Eli pointed to it and said, "It's a cake 'mato!

Lately I've been changing Eli's diaper on the bathroom rug. The other day I was washing the rug, so when he went in for a change, he protested, "Ah! No cozy thing!"

Elijah: I'm a polar bear! And the polar bear wants to be holded!

Isaiah: Are the Simpson's people? Or are they ducks?

While spinning in circles, Eli shouted: I'm merry rounding!

Eli: I'm a hopper grass!

Rebecca to Elijah: Don't drink that! It's jam!

Anytime Elijah is reprimanded he says, You're mean at me.

We walked home from church and my shoes were slightly noisier than normal. Isaiah said, Your shoes sound like horse feet.

Eli: I need a bandaid. Zayuh hurt my feelings.

Rebecca to Isaiah: Tomorrow's your birthday, isn't that exciting?
Isaiah: No, it isn't.
Rebecca: It's not?!
Isaiah: No, it's Super Exciting!

Charlotte: There are two Lily's in my class. Well, one used to be named Lily but now she's Maya because she got gadopted.

Eli helped me weed the flowerbed and dug in the dirt with a little trowel. Then he yelled out: Ah, there's bugs in our dirt!

About a week before his birthday in May, Isaiah made a birthday countdown chain. Then he grinned and said: Can we make a Christmas chain?

I caught Eli playing with my phone and asked for it back. He said: I need to talk to Siri. Hello! Any cars, Siri?

Seth asked Eli: Do you have soft puppy ears? And Eli answered: No! I have Elijah ears. Don't call me puppy ears million times.

After playing outside on a chilly day, Eli said: I'm still freeze n cold. I need hot chocolate!

Elijah: Let's Battle!

Charlotte: What's Target's favorite color? Is it red?

Eli's favorite movie is Big Hero 6. After watching it he'll run around the house for days saying: I'm Baymax!

Isaiah: How much money do you have?
Rebecca: Not much. Maybe $1,000.
Isaiah: You're only a thousandaire?

Charlotte: Draw me a mystery symbol.
Rebecca: What is a mystery symbol?
Seth: It's a question mark!

Rebecca: Isaiah, are you sick?
Isaiah: I used 7 tissues.

Eli, talking about when I left him with a babysitter: I was sad for you.

Charlotte: All my pants is too dang hot.

Charlotte, looking at the box of Count Chocula cereal: I know he's a vampire because he's wearing vampire clothes.

After eating something hot, Eli yelled: My mouth is ouching me!

Charlotte: Is Satan the bad guys' god?

Charlotte: Mom, did you have hair like mine when you was a children?

Isaiah came inside from foraging among the fresh tomatoes in the garden. He said, This is like paradise — eating as many tomatoes as I want!

Seth made homemade mozzarella cheese and we finally convinced Charlotte to try it. She said, I like this cheese — it tastes like nothing!

Isaiah: I know how to get to Star Wars. You just go into outer space and look for a galaxy far, far away.

At Primary we learned about our ancestors. Charlotte came home and said, When are you going to teach me more about my grandsisters?

Rebecca: We could name the baby Thomas.
Elijah: Choo-choo!

Charlotte, after Primary: Today we learned about shepherds and sheeps!

Isaiah: What if there was a movie called 'Beware of the Teddy Bear'?

Charlotte: I accidentally had an accident.

Isaiah: I'm so glad we don't have rings like trees do to tell how old they are. We just have birthdays.

Charlotte: Mom, are you an old woman?
Rebecca: No. Grandma is, though!

Isaiah: Mom, how come you don't trip all the time like I do when you walk around?

Rebecca: Isaiah, I'm setting the timer for 5 min. You have to finish finish folding your clothes before it rings.
Isaiah: Let's set the timer for 42 years.

Isaiah: What if you were going to shower and so you told us not to answer the door, but someone knocked on the door and it was Jesus?

Isaiah: Why do books start out boring and then end up awesome?

We gave up and fed the kids canned chicken noodle soup for dinner. Charlotte looked up from her soup bowl and declared: This is the best dinner ever!

Charlotte: What if your clothes was skin color? Then people would think you was naked!

Charlotte: Are there spirit toys in heaven?

Charlotte, while looking at pencil shavings: These are like pepper.

One of our primary teachers dyed her hair purple. Charlotte commented on it and asked, When will my hair change color?

Isaiah: They should be called 'snowdeers', not 'reindeers.'

Charlotte: Where are we going now? (beginning our drive home from Twin Falls.)
Seth: Home to our house.
Charlotte (a few minutes later at a pit stop): This is a gas station, not home, you tricky parents!

While walking a few blocks to our car after watching Ringling Bros Circus, Charlotte said, When can we park at the circus? Isaiah followed with, When can we perform at the circus?


While putting on a pair of cool, blue sunglasses, Charlotte said, This makes me see gooder.


For some reason, Charlotte doesn't pronounce many of her 's' sounds, especially at the beginning of words. So if Eli's happy, she'll say, He's miling at me! Sometimes she wants to play with a "tick" outside, or she's "neaking" around the house. I love it!


We walked through a cold, windy parking lot and went inside a heated building. Isaiah said, Ah, this is the life!


After using an automated paper towel dispenser in a public restroom, Isaiah said, How did that get to be electronic and awesome?


Charlotte: When I grow up and become a mommy, I will choose a boy baby and name him Sam.


Charlotte: Once upon a day, there were robots and puppies and a scaredy guy....


Charlotte: Mom, I want to be with you forever.


Charlotte: I had so much fun at Zoey's house! She has a jump-o-lean!


Charlotte: I love all sorts of things...what are made out of chocolate.


After whining constantly for treats (and having eaten many), Charlotte said: When little children is hungry you feed them, Mommy.


Isaiah: Ow! Eli bit me and it hurt. But now I have a cute little bite mark!


Ruminating on the glorious taste of butter, Charlotte said: What if carrots were made out of butter?


Thrilled about the key chain souvenir I bought for him, Isaiah shouted: Thanks Mom! You can have an extra hug for that!


Trying to ask me for birthday present ideas, Isaiah asked: What's your favorite thing ever, what's not your kids?


After riding the awesome water slides at Cherry Hill, Isaiah said: I didn't know that life would be this fun! This is the best day of my life!


Isaiah: I ripped out my loose tooth so I could have a dollar.


Isaiah: Does your library card ever run out of money?


Rebecca: Let's go see the puppet show at the library. There will be cute puppet animals, like a cat or a dog.

Charlotte: No! There's not sposee be a dog in there. He'll woof at me!


Isaiah: Please, please, handsome please?


We attended Stake Conference in the Conference Center in Salt Lake. Sitting in the high balcony seats, Isaiah squinted to see those seated at the stand. He said: I think I see a bunch of prophets!


Isaiah: Who can I bug?


When Charlotte saw Seth in his new Thundercats shirt, she said of the wild logo: What's that? Scary Kitty?


Isaiah: Why do you have the bath wrinkles forever when you're an old man?


This morning as I was putting on my makeup, Isaiah said: Why do you do your makeup? It makes your skin look just the same.


pink tulips

pink tulips

Fountain of Youth

Fountain of Youth
I love the joy on his face.

Family and Friends

  • Jeff & Lesha
  • Hyperbole and a Half
  • A Soldier's Recovery
  • The Yamashitas
  • Julianne Bazzell
  • Amanda & Russ Knighton
  • Jess & Dane Sorensen

Beautiful Blogs

  • Amazing Decorating Ideas
  • Astronomy Pict of the Day
  • Bathwater
  • Design Mom
  • Nie Nie Dialogues
  • Oh Happy Day
  • Paris Every Day
  • Pretty Peach Peonies
  • Seth's Creative Blog

Florence

Florence
what a view!

Parenting Ideas

  • Frugally Green
  • Learning Mommy
  • Segullah
  • Simple Mom

Housie Design Ideas

  • 21 Day Organizing Challenge
  • Ana White Furniture
  • Apartment Therapy
  • Centsational Girl
  • Fickle Pickle
  • Hair Romance

Sweet Shopping

  • Anthropologie
  • Bountiful Baskets Co-op
  • Kates Paperie
  • Sarah Jane Studios
  • Serena and Lily
  • Shabby Apple

Cool Crafty Ideas

  • Babalisme
  • Embroidery Patterns
  • Feeling Stitchy
  • Make It Perfect
  • Roxy Creations
  • Sew Lovely
  • Sew Mama Sew!
  • Skip to my Lou
  • Soft Sculpture Animals

Private Blogs

  • Ben & Stef Blackson
  • Brian & Elizabeth Thomas
  • Dan & Courtney Fisher
  • Dave & Sarah Hopkins
  • Rachel & Brad Hansen

Foodies

  • Drool Worthy Food
  • Nicki's Recipes
  • Crockpot Ideas
  • Sun Oven Recipes

Homey Toys

  • Rosie Hippo Toys and Games
  • Nova Natural Toys and Crafts
  • Magic Cabin

Blog Archive

my favorite window seat

my favorite window seat
LOVE TAMN!